Back in ActionAbout Us
Back in ActionBack in Action was set up in 1988 to help people manage, prevent and treat the symptoms of back pain.
Our four great stores in London, Amersham, Bristol and Marlow have an incredible range of stylish, therapeutic furniture that will compliment any home or office.
But our greatest asset is our staff and team of specialists, all dedicated to giving you the time, care and attention necessary to help you beat back pain. We're crazy about them, and we think you will be too.
Our aim is to not only relieve the symptoms, but to address the causes of back pain to give you a higher standard of living.
By the way, did we mention how beautiful our furniture is?
But as those who suffer its effects know, it's often much more than that. In fact many of our staff started their relationship with Back in Action as customers and subsequently decided to join the team, so they've got a pretty good idea of what you're going through. They've been there themselves.
We know that back pain can mean stress, irritation, sleepless nights, loss of appetite, anxiety, poor concentration both at home & at work, as well as having to miss out on your favourite activities.
It affects your enjoyment of life.
We do this through:
- our extensive range of beautifully designed and crafted furniture
- postural training programs
- ergonomic advice
- our in-depth knowledge of the very latest recuperative treatments.
Simply put, we understand that no two clients are the same.
Our specialist advisors are available for free consultations * over the phone, or at any one of our four showrooms. We also offer an email consultancy service via our website. We aim to match you with the product which will treat your condition, and to help you learn how to protect yourself from continuing and future problems through a program of postural training.
A typical visit to one our stores might take 90 mins... It can take longer if you really want to try out every item in the store (it's happened before, and no, we don't mind at all).
* Please note that for a full seating assesment, your consultation will incur a £50 charge. We're not trying to grab every penny, but you will be receiving valuable information that could change your life. This charge is deductable from the cost of one our chairs, should you choose to purchase from us.
In the UK:
- around 4.9 million working days were lost due to bad backs (2003/4)
- 1 in 6 working days are lost through back pain
- back pain costs business billions of pounds
For a free corporate consultation, please call, drop into any of our showrooms or click here to begin an email consultancy.
How We StartedBack in Action was started in 1988 by David Newbound, an engineer who suffered a debilitating neck injury in 1982.
When he discovered there was an alternative to constant pain, David formed the company to share the information and help other people.
Over the last 25 years we have helped thousands of people lead happier, pain free lives. All in all, we're pretty proud of what we do and the people we work with. Our team is the core of our business.