24hr Chair Delivery
03/04: Our online shop is open & our team can give expert advice by phone. Click above for our guide to healthy home office chairs. *Offering NHS & Carers Discount by phone* *Need treatment? Ask us who is offering by video link*
Our proven service identifies the most comfortable and supportive ways to help prevent strain on your back and neck.
For an Assessment, please telephone for an appointment, or use our enquiry form and submit it online.
POSTURE ASSESSMENT REASONS:
Please note that this is an independent ergonomic assessment which forms part of our service to our clients to ensure that they receive high quality and professional information regarding their working environment. The Back Shop, established in 1984, has had 20 years of extensive experience in the commercial supply of specialist ergonomic seating, desking and accessories and we also provide workstation solutions. We offer all our corporate clients a comprehensive package that is tailored to their needs. This includes advice on space management, workstation design as well as posture assessments, which would identify an individual's requirements/needs.
The Back Shop Posture Assessment Proceedure:
Following an assessment, the client and referring agent will receive a report within 10 working days. The report will highlight the issues arising, and what action would be required by the employer to impliment any of the solutions/recommendations to meet the employee's needs. The assessment results are recorded and filed and a report with recommendations for improvements are submitted to the employer for further action.
The Back Shop Posture Assessment incorporates and identifies the following areas:
Workstation assessment: Display Screen Equipment, seating, desk, work space, telephone, document use, storage and working height.
Working Environment: including temperature, lighting and noise.
Other Factors: including software use, work practice, pace of work, lifting, pulling/pushing or over reach risks and other work tasks as required.
Anthropometric data: specific measurements may be taken as part of the above assessment to ensure correct client to chair fit.
- The assessment assists the employee and employer to meet the DDA requirements in providing reasonable adjustments for those suffering disability affecting their work.
- The assessment helps reduce the problem of absenteeism from work by providing information and/or products to help the employee remain or return to the workplace.
- By provision of information and a professional assessment, the client will be more comfortable in their workplace, is less likely to suffer re-injury, allowing an individual to be more productive in their working environment.
- The assessment highlights areas of potential risk of injury which may then be further included as part of a Health& Safety Audit to avoid potential litigation and risk to employee health in the workplace.
The Posture Assessment helps the employer to comply with the following legislation:
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- European standards for office seating -BS EN ISO 9241-5 and EN 1335-1
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- Workplace (Health and Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- Employers' Liability (Compulsory insurance) Regulations 1969
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1985 (RIDDOR)
Reasons for recommendation:
- The personal and physical attributes of the user such as height, weight, build etc.
- The working environment including temperature, background, noise and lighting.
- The work surface layout and dimensions of major pieces of equipment
- The display screen and equipment.
- The workload of the operator
- The chair must be stable, in good repair and have sufficient adjustment to enable the user to achieve and maintain a comfortable position. The chair must also meet British Standards for design, construction and be fire retardant.
- Fully adjustable seat with forward tilt function
- Fully adjustable backrest with mid-line pivot action
- Inflatable lumbar support
- Adjustable armrests
- These functions will ensure that this will provide support for your lower and upper back and adequate forearm support to enable you to work comfortably.
N.B. The whole field of Health and Safety at work is complex and, in some cases, confusing but we have tried here to provide an overview of the general principles to which we work and provide some insight into the legal responsibilities of the employer.