Environment and Sustainability
We believe our planet is precious, so we don't want you to buy things again and again and again. We want you to buy it once and buy it right - and then we want it to last you a life time.
We pride ourselves on working with manufacturers who shares these values.
We are proud to be Anti-Consumerism.
Consumerism is a social and economic order that encourages the acquisition of goods and services in ever-increasing amounts
We take huge pride in working almost exclusively with companies whose products are designed to last decades. Many of the chairs we sold back in 1987 are still in use, and we have helped to repair many of the small number that needed it over the last 35 years.
Throughout the company we focus on reducing our impact on the world and the impact of the products we sell:
- Recyclable packaging (we stopped using plastic bags nearly 15 years ago!)
- Recycling at all locations
- Carefully selected eco-manufacturers (see more detail below)
- No single-use products of any kind
- Our furniture and many of our other products are built to last decades not simply a few years.
- Green rated delivery companies
- Eco fabrics on all our major ranges (our favourite is Dinamica)
- Low to no air miles (97% of our products are made in Europe)
- Many of our own brand items are UK-manufactured
- We use LED lighting throughout our stores
- All locations are using renewable energy
- We minimise waste by keeping and re-using spare parts, gifting items to charity or re-purposing them
A bit about our Partners and Manufacturers:
- FLOKK (who make HAG and RH chairs) are rated in the top 10 most sustainable furniture companies in the WORLD!
- We use DPD: The UK's most sustainable delivery company
- Varier Furniture: Passionate about sustainability
- Moll: "Environment and sustainability"
- HAG manufacturing is based on the core principles of sustainable manufacturing. Hag's movement-based furniture is designed to keep energy levels high throughout the day; keeping you and or your workforce active and productive.
- Reduced use of non-renewable resources
- Significant use of recycled materials
- Long product lifespan (we expect these chairs to last 15+ years)
- Excellent materials
- No toxic chemicals
- Lowest possible carbon footprint
Top Eco Items:
These are the most environmentally friendly, beautiful chairs we have ever found - and they are totally wonderful for your body too.
The HÅG Tion ergonomic office chair, is a design for the modern world featuring unrivalled flexibility making it perfectly suited to the new breed of workspaces - at home or the office.
HAG Tion Office Chair
Varier have hit a home run with the Social chair, creating a dining chair using yesterdays waste. Keeping the principals of movement (That we of course love, here's why), and being eco friendly by reusing old household plastic.
One of the most unusual ergonomic office chairs out there, the Hag Capisco by legendary ergonomic designer Peter Opsvik - this is an all time favourite. In our own offices and showrooms this is the most commonly chosen chair.
HAG Capisco 8106 & 8107
The Hag Capisco Puls, 8010 and 8020 models are among the most unusual ergonomic office chairs out there. This is an all-time favourite for many of our team.
HAG Capisco Puls
In our own offices and showrooms, this (or its fully upholstered sibling the Capisco 8106) is the most commonly chosen chair.
The Sofi Mesh, ergonomic office chair is so good for creating forwards tilt - If you aren't familiar with the huge benefits of forwards tilt and what it can do for your activity levels / spinal health, give us a call to chat or head over to our blog.
HAG SoFi Mesh
There is nothing else quite like it... The HAG Creed is based on two of our most loved originals: the H04 and H05.
These two office chairs were both so wonderful we could never really choose which we liked best. Now we don't have to:
The HAG Creed is a beautiful hybrid of the two.