Proud to Present Our Best Ways To Beat Back Pain
Based On More Than 30 Years Of Customer Experience In Our Stores ...And On-line
Starting as The Back Shop in 1984 we've grown by filtering and developing products that work. We now have 4 Exciting Stores plus on-line and made to order: We aim to please those with Back Pain and those who love design.
With our products we hope you'll wake, travel, work, play, relax and sleep with more enjoyment.
Need help? Grab Our Advice Instore Or Online. Or call us 9:30am-5pm Monday to Saturday (Out Of Hours Contact Form Below)
- The Humantool is for those who want to beat back pain by getting fitter rather than by supporting their back.
- It's a modern approach to reversing the damage that static sitting is known to cause.
- Sitting on The Humatool (without touching the backrest) causes the spine to balance and micro-move, and hence to be excercised.
- It works brilliantly for those for whom walking is pretty comfortable but sitting is not.
The Mobiliser System is the best we've seen for tackling long standing back pain.
Use a Mobiliser™
- Mobilisation is the technique of gently moving dysfunctional joints to restore movement and health.
- The technique is often used to tackle disc issues and sciatica or acute pain. Put simply, The Mobiliser Mobilises.
- We love seeing people recover, so during January and February the first session (in one of our 4 centres) is FREE.
- You can claim your free session via the button below.
- For those too far from our stores... no problem, we deliver so you can use it for a month with our consultancy included.
Stressless Sofas & Chairs
- Our Stressless models are carefully selected by our experts to combine comfort and spinal health.
- Many styles are available in three sizes to fit you and your family, perfectly.
- Try each size in Our Stores, Which are the very best place to choose Stressless.
- We can refund up to £25 travel costs against Stressless chair orders in store! And make you a coffee.
MBT shoes can change the way most of us use our muscles as well as reduce shock forces to the entire skeletal system. Unlike most conventional training shoes that only support and cushion your feet, the unique lever spring action of MBT's challenge the core strengthening muscles to be more active.
- Easily carried when folded, and simply rests in any seat.
- Use at home on your sofa or chair, great for long distance traveling.
- Offers great support and extra comfort when you`re sitting.
- The MEDesign Backfriend is one of the best posture aids we have ever found for reclined supported sitting.
An excellent chair can make a huge differnce to you or your team's wellbeing. We help people:
- Learn to sit and use the body better
- Set up a balanced workstation
- Find the best chair for each persons individual needs
- Enjoy inproving core fitness through seating
Helping people sit freely and comfortably is one of the most exciting things we do.
This is the best chair we've ever sat in, and the one many BIA staff use around our tables and in front of our computers.
- The Actulum is an elegant Home Office or Table Chair that can reduce sitting fatigue, improve posture, increase activity levels and reduce neck and back pain.
- It is also well suited to study and hobbies, including foot operated pursuits. The rocking movement is exceptional at maintaining alertness and develops core muscles while you sit :-)
Our best selling office chair -
HAG SoFi Mesh Office Chair
- The Sofi Mesh combines the comfort of a mesh backrest with the firm pelvis support of a foam seat - essential for maintaining healthy posture throughout a working day.
- Made with a free-flowing centre pivot tilt mechanism the Sofi Mesh allows easy low-level movement throughout your working day to reduce fatigue, increase muscle fitness, boost produvtivity - and its beautful too.
After 25 years working with back pain sufferers we knew what was needed. We used that experience to create a mattress that has been a huge success over the last 6 years.
Why is it so successful? Not just because of the quality of support, but because it's important for back pain sufferers (and actually everyone else too) to be able to vary positions throughout the night. Changing position helps to reduce inflammation, decrease joint stiffness and alleviate nighttime aches.
The Backinaction Mattress is made of carefully selected layered foam that allows pressure relief, support AND easy movement.
The BackInAction Mattress
- Installed for you with our 60 night trial.
- Available to test out for yourself in all our showrooms.
- This stool bounces on an adjustable sping and moves in every direction under the users control.
- With acclimatisation it is possible (many say desireble) to use this as an all day task chair.
- The Swopper has an optional saddle style seat which is amazing for those used to cycling or riding.
- This chair /stool is one of several ways to sit with your spine in action.
- It functions very well for those who need to reach long distances, especially sideways, while sat down at normal desk height.
Forget what you know about kneeling chairs unless you love them :-)
- The best kneeling chairs are fantastic. Some are not!
- We've tested, filtered, and supplied kneeling chairs for 30+ years.
- You can trust our opinion: We've 1000's of clients that love them.
- Some can be used all day, even with most disc injuries. (ask us)
- Some have a backrest. Some are over £1000 but many under £300
- The Actulum is a kneeling char in disguise and should be considered.
The best way to choose is by visiting one our our 4 beautiful stores: Amersham, Marlow, Bristol, London.
Or order online from our huge stock after reading our handy guide:
This is our favorite support for long periods of driving because is adds essential Movement!
More movement has been shown to have a huge variety of benefits including:
- Improved mood,
- Increased energy levels,
- Improved concentration
- Reduced pain,
- Reduced inflammation,
- Improved muscle health,
- Improved joint healthy and much more.
Even a small amount can help and make a huge difference to comfort levels, especially on a long journey.
The Pilot Spot Lumbar support backrest is made with pressure relieving memory foam and fits onto your back rest offering lumbar support while encouraging continuous, light motion. The extra movement is possible thanks to the slightly domed, rigid back panel of the lumbar support, allowing easy left right movement - also very helpful when reversing / going around corners.
The Human Tool Pilot Spot is ideal for the use in a car or office chair and it is adjustable to fit with all kinds of seats. It can be strapped in or easily unfastened for portability.
HumanTool Pilot Spot
Our favorite chair of all time - The children's chair that grows with the child.
Why do we love it so much? Well because its beautiful and gives perfect support at every stage of your childs development.
The best posture advice for your children.
A child, especially a very young one, may not be very aware of their seated position therefore, it is especially important for the adult to notice and try to correct the child's posture.
Ergonomics for Children
Try in Store: